Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

It Worked! -4.5 pounds!

I admit to stepping on the scales during the week, so I'd be telling a fib if I said I was surprised on the scale this morning. I knew the weight was coming off. I knew I felt better. I knew I was pleasantly surprised I could pull on my jeans Thursday and had room to spare...I still have other jeans that piss me off, but for week #1 (again), this was a week of "Good", with a big "G". It was easier than I thought it would be. I "just did it". Sometime during the week, I even patted myself on the back when I realized a shorter interval had passed between the time it took me to fall off the wagon and the time I dusted myself off and got back on. So to me, it's not just a matter of having adjusted food; it's a shift in the whole wellness package for the better. I'm pretty excited that we'll be going grocery shopping this weekend. I make better choices when I'm pumped up from positive results. This week was a week of picking through what was already in the house, making use of leftovers from the New Years' Day feast. There were many more good choices on the agenda than bad. I'd say for every peak of things I should enjoy in moderation, there were 2 valleys of things I could enjoy with wild abandon. Eventually, I lost my lust for Mom's macaroni and cheese, and came to rely on collards cooked with onions and no fat, or my stewed tomatoes/onions/jalapenos/green peppers to fill in hungry spots. My biggest crutch of the week was homemade minestrone soup. One cup = 114 low fat calories, so I enjoyed it once or twice a day. It was a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment