Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall just tastes too good!

I lost 3 pounds this week. Not a great victory considering last weeks gain, but a loss nonetheless, and far better than the alternative. I suppose the loss would have been greater had we not celebrated with wild abandon last night. It was my husband's birthday. I took the day off, not so much because it was his birthday, but because I had the beginning signs of sinus/respiratory issues ahead, and not wanting to endure another day on the job feeling less than 100%, I decided to give myself an extra day of down time. Hopefully it will make for a better Monday. My in-laws came Thursday night with plans to leave Friday with us all going to work, but since I took off, I was able to convince them to stay an additional night. My mother-in-law and I visited a neat little consignment boutique I've admired for some time. I suppose I was waiting to see if it was a flash in the pan, or if it would make a go of it. It was really quite nice and the lady that runs it is plus sized too, so she understood the search for nice things. I left with a grocery bag piled high with really neat clothes. Several hundred dollars worth for only $70. Some were brand new with the tags still intact, and many were from Avenue and Coldwater Creek. Nothing looked like it had ever been worn. From there, we killed an hour in the fabric store. Then we hit Food Lion for dinner ingredients. It was sort of on the fly, because had my inlaws not stayed, we would have undoubtedly eaten out. My son had band obligations, so he couldn't join us. I decided to make nice salad with reduced fat bleu cheese and glazed pecans. The main course was spaghetti with arrabiatta sauce made from scratch. My husband LOVES spicy foods; this was a recipe I had never tried before, but it was very much enjoyed. We also had 5 cheese garlic bread and Chianti, and ended the meal with Black Forest Cheesecake. It was SO good! So yes, I suspect I tipped the scales a bit today after that.
Snoopy had a vet appt this morning for a limp he's had, and got his nails trimmed. We returned from that and went to put him out back with the other dog, Billy, and discovered they had acquired a new friend. A very handsome Jack Russell terrier. He was nice, clean and healthy; collar, NO TAG! I took his picture and made a flier to post around the neighborhood. I asked my neighbor if he had seen it before, and he said the owner was driving around earlier looking for him, that he lives 2 streets down, and was driving a black pickup. We canvassed the area, but couldn't find a black pickup. I suppose he's still looking for him. Rather than set him loose and hope he finds his own way home, possibly getting hit between here and there, I left fliers randomly up and down their road. Either they or their neighbor will know soon enough there's a found dog. In the meantime, we've pinned him in with ours in the small fence he can't escape. He had no desire to leave through the big fence he entered through, but I'd hate for someone to show up and the dog had decided to roam the area again and remain lost. He'll be safe and well cared for until his owner gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment