Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Today was better than the last few...

I'm starting to feel like a human being again. There for a while, I wasn't so sure. I couldn't be certain I hadn't been pushed over the edge, contemplated the possibility that I may have indeed been losing my mind in ever so slow motion, or God forbid, it's the onslaught of mini-paws and the voracious mood swings I've heard so much about. All that said, today was good. I looked like a nice lady. I felt like a nice lady. I think I even acted like a nice lady. Last bell rang and I got the Hell out of Dodge. Left a stack of papers to grade whenever the Hell I get around to it. I ran my son home for food and took him to work for a short shift. While he was there I visited with friends and went to get my nails done. Always good for a bridge of time where I'm responsible for abso-freaking-lutely NOthing and I come out of it with beautiful chili pepper red nails. I was done in time to swing back around, retrieve kid, and head home for my own supper while same kid embarked on cleaning thorn-in-my-side room. Grilled porkchop with wasabi sauce on rosemary potato bread. Kroger, ok?! It's not like I thought it up myself, but it was good. Meanwhile, there was the thunderous roar of years of crap being thrown into a 33 gallon metal trash can for trash, additional finery being thrown into yet another 33 gallon rubbermaid for Goodwill, and at that point, screw recycling as there was no room in the inn for another container of any kind! In-laws called and they're nearby for a grandchild's birthday. They'll come here Thursday and spend the night to celebrate my husband's birthday. It frees me up for 7 months while we're the same age and I'm not referred to as a cradle robber. We'll see how good 45 is to him! It can't be all bad, he has me! Right? After this past week, the fact he hasn't packed his bags speaks volumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment