Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday

Feeling somewhat better today. I'm very weak and simple tasks like taking a shower make me tired and wobbly. I did brave the scales today and am in disbelief that I've lost 1/4 pound. Perhaps my indiscretions will catch up with me later this week; I've made really bad choices, all for the sake of convenience so I could go back to doing absolutely nothing, or sleep. Sleep has been the thing I've enjoyed most through this ordeal and I know it's necessary for the drugs to do their thing. Sleep bought me escape from the misery of the symptoms until the antibiotics finally kicked in and started to eliminate the negatives. I'm not sure I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow, but it's easier to go in my current state than it is to find a sub. Besides, if I improve as much from today to tomorrow as I did from yesterday to today, I should be ok. And it is my short day; no responsibilities to keep me beyond 2:35, so I can leave immediately, come home and rest. I have some work I need to do this afternoon for having left early Friday. My son and I will eat out somewhere after I pick him up from work, as is our tradition when my husband is out of town on business. He's not expected to be able to come home until Thursday at the earliest. They tried to send him to China and Japan within the same time frame for possible future job bidding, but opted to send him to the paying customer who needed him now. We're hoping he doesn't have to turn around and leave again upon his return.

No comments:

Post a Comment