Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Friday, July 23, 2010

I Tamed the Beast

I got to the Y later than usual since everything else seems to be in a different orbit today anyway. I was overly hot because as I exited the house into 93 degrees, I saw how pathetic my plants looked, so took a good 15 minutes in the heat to go around and make sure everything was hydrated and filled the bird bath. I got so hot so fast, everything seemed like it went into slow motion. I think it was a combination of heat and allergy pill, but I felt really sluggish and wasn't sure a workout was in the best interest, but didn't want to talk myself out of it. The hot van doesn't cool off in the 6 minute drive to the Y either. So I go on the treadmill. Was only up to 2.3 on speed after 10 minutes, and just wasn't feeling it. You know? Not my thing today. Fortunately the place cleared out, and it was just me and the recumbent bike...heeheehee. For 35 minutes, I rode the beast! It wasn't bad, but I got snookered on calorie burn. I mean, I know the machines are just that, and how accurate are the read outs for telling me?....I don't know, but I watch them as if life depends on them and set myself little goals along the way....I won't get off til 250 calories, or, well, at least an even number or one that ends in a 5! I get more bang for my buck on the treadmill, but I feel like I worked so much harder on the bike! Yet it says I only burned 150 calories in the same amount of time I would normally spend on a treadmill and burn 250! I did however "cover" over 5 miles vs the 1.5 on the treadmill in the same time. I got off the bike and headed for the elliptical, but my legs were so weak and wobbly recovering from the bike, I couldn't work hard enough to keep the elliptical from pausing, so I called it a day. 45 minutes of good exercise today. :) Now I need lunch.

2 comments:

  1. Dale says bikes are 5x easier than walking. I don't know where he got the number, but I don't think it applies to everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider the source...Jesus walks on water ;)

    ReplyDelete