Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Footies Betrayed Me

I had a good breakfast this morning: coffee, egg, 2 turkey bacons, grits, and an orange. I'm down to 1 mug of coffee a day now, Splenda, no creamer. I felt a little cheated on my food yesterday because at the end of the day, all my magnets had moved, but I really hadn't eaten a LOT of food. I didn't have many vegetables, and none were raw, and everything was counted on the low and light side. 3 ounces of light cheese took up 3 of my meat magnets, and that hardly seems fair. Fake butter was a fat. 2 of my starches were 60 calories instead of my allotted 100. And then there was sauerkraut = salt. It wasn't a stellar day, but I'd rather be "bad" in the sense that I didn't eat enough than to be bad in the over direction. So today's added a bit more bang while staying within the perimeters my magnets have me.

With thunderstorms in the forecast for this afternoon, and knowing I'm still at the stage of the game where just about anything can talk me out of going for a workout, I went ahead and hit the Y. There seems to be some question regarding my membership since 2 different people have approached me on each of my 2 visits. Here's the set up. I'm on my treadmill reading my way through very bad closed captioning on Regis and Kelly. I'm sweating, and had just up'd my speed and added a slight incline, 1 beeps worth, ok? So this lady approaches me from behind at about "4 o'clock". This causes me to have to turn my head more than 90 degrees to carry on this conversation with her while keeping my feet moving forward, hoping to God I don't step off the belt and have gravity carry me where it will! She wanted to know where my husband works, how far away I live, what I do, would I be interested in their next sponsored weight loss challenge, have I tried any classes...to my response she added she'd hook me up with a schedule when I was done. Apparently my Y has merged with VATech. My membership originated as a family membership at a Y 35 miles away, but entitled (past tense I suppose) us to use all Y's within the "valley". But now, my Y, 6 minutes from my house, is no longer affiliated with the one 35 miles away. I asked if I was not ok to be there, and the nice lady said, "Oh, no, no, no, you're fine! We don't care who comes in and works out!", which really says to me I'm not SUPPOSED to be there, but they're letting me fly under the radar. I mean, she was hooking me up with classes and stuff, so it's not like she called in the bouncers or anything.
I'd still be working out, but at 1.43 miles, 250 calories, 33:43 minutes, and 1 beep of incline my shoe removed the flesh from a penny-sized blister that was nice and fresh from my footie having crept into my shoe over the course of those 33 minutes. Next time, taller socks, bandaids and a go on the elliptical following the treadmill. My hope is to add the reclining bike thing and have a morning trifecta, but it's not built for someone of my current mass to get into gracefully, so until I catch the place with a small audience, or better yet, none at all, the bike sits there bullying me. I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment