Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Saturday...not really

Husband took a vacation day today he had to use within a certain time frame, so I'm a little off today, but trying to go through the motions of what Friday should be. It just feels like Saturday, which causes a little anxiety because in reality that would mean we leave tomorrow for our real vacation....and we are SO not ready! I think I got a big snoot full of dog hair this morning and am feeling the ill effects. The 11 year old dog who has been having some health issues felt well enough to get up in bed with me this morning and be playful. He is however shedding a lot. So much so, the entire bed has to be stripped and the fur magnet of a blanket is currently washing. I've taken an allergy pill and used antihistamine eye drops, but feel like I'm on the verge of an asthma attack....and I don't have asthma. As soon as things level out, I'm dressed and ready to go to the Y.

I need to cross over before Sunday. I'm getting a little impatient. If I don't do it before then, I'll miss it, or so I hope, as I will be scale-less all week. And I need to be. I need to get out of the habit of weighing daily. This morning I was up a smidge, half a smidge to be exact. Not enough to discourage me, but evidence that confirms what I already knew...weighing daily is not a good habit for that very reason. I don't feel like I'll be free from the scale and daily weigh until I cross over, and then I have a REALLY long journey before there's need to obsess again. I want to be successful on vacation with my food choices. I don't want it to be like my week long class was and have it turn into a feeding frenzy. For that reason I hope to continue to blog while off home base, providing wireless cooperates. I doubt it will in the Smokie Mountains from a cabin, but I may be surprised. Certainly I'll be ok from Chattanooga for the first leg of the trip.
Food last night was a pretty fun experiment. We thawed 1 cod fillet and cut it into 2 portions. Put each on a sheet of parchment, covered the fish with onions, peppers, mushrooms, capers, yellow squash, asparagus, s/p, and then made a sauce of tomato paste, soy sauce, wasabi, garlic salt, and smoked paprika, and slathered it on top. Then we wrapped the paper into pouches, folding the open ends under, and baked them at 400 for 20 minutes. We served it with a serving of rice. It was really good! The only thing that would have made it better is if we'd kept it in a bit longer for the veggies to cook a little more. The fish was done, but that was a PILE of veggies!
Breakfast this morning was later than usual, but too early to call lunch. It was a Morningstar Chik-n pattie on an English muffin with a slab of tomato, vidalia onion, lettuce, dill pickles, and mustard, with a side of fresh pineapple and cantaloupe and a glass of skim milk. I like the Garden Veggie patties better, but I'm eating down the contents of the freezer and not buying anything new until the old is gone. There will be a late afternoon snack instead of lunch, and then supper will likely involve shrimp if I dig deep enough into the frozen abyss.
I think symptoms have subsided enough now; I'm off to the Y! Back later~

2 comments:

  1. I love your purple fingernails!

    Have a fun vacation! Just in case you don't quite make it to where you want to be on the scale before you leave, definitely don't stress about "crossing the river" (I like that term!) and not seeing it--it'll be an awesome treat when you get home, right?! :)

    I hope the mountains are fun! Take lots of water if you go out hiking! And jangle your keys, or have a little bell, so you don't surprise any grumpy animals!

    ReplyDelete