Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday....really!

The scales continue to keep me on the shore. The image in my head today is of me sitting patiently by the water rather than standing, poised to cross. I don't think it's realistic to think I'll lose an ounce away from home, especially for a week. I'll be crazy happy if I can stay the same and resume next Sunday. The best I can hope for is that I'll be 1) presented with good options, 2) make the best food choices I can 3) drink the water, and 4) find exercise opportunities.

Yesterday I stayed hungry, and that's frustrating. I wasn't going to have lunch after having a big, late brunch, but about 2:30, after my 45 minute workout, I was ravenous. I boiled 2 fat free hotdogs, 45 cal each, ate them on lite wheat buns, 70 cal each I think, and had an ounce of 40% less fat multi-grain sunflower chips. Had mustard, ketchup, and onions on the dogs, and finished with a wedge of watermelon. So that was 2:45-ish. Supper time rolled around and again I was ready to eat.

Husband volunteered to cook, and he was thoughtful in his preparation. Maybe a little heavy handed on olive oil, but otherwise "on the program". He called it Shrimp Primavera. Shrimp, brocolli, onion, garlic, whole wheat pasta (and very limited at that) yellow squash, and asparagus...olive oil, herbs, and a tiny bit of grated parmesan. He had me dip up the plates, and I think I was good on it. It's hard when foods are mixed together like that, but I made a round island of food in the middle of the dinner plate and probably only covered 1/3 of its area.

I did however get in the chips before dinner, albeit reduced fat, perhaps 2 servings, and I polished off the last 7oz lite beer in the fridge. That gets a paragraph all to itself, and I'd be fibbin' if I didn't mention it.

So there it is...my yesterday. I own it. It was totally of my own creation. And you know what? In the grand scheme of things, these days come, and these days go. Once I get into weekly weigh in mode, these setbacks will fade.

My son is coming home for a night tonight before we "abandon" him tomorrow for vacation. He's done with 1 summer job that has kept him in the woods since June 4. Now he'll lifeguard at the new aquatic center whenever they need him, but stay with his dad this coming week in order to rack up some hours and income at job #2.

So this may be my last post until I return next Saturday. I really think vacation should be freedom from all such ties to home base routine. I hope to have a week full of sights and sounds to keep me occupied. Til next time ~ ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment