Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Technology is a wonderful thing, I suppose.

Same day~ The condensed version of what I tried to post earlier is this:
I'm 45 and I want a healthy body before I'm 50. I was fortunate to catch Sean Anderson's article on AOL last week and that all got this ball rolling! My niece actually blew some air into the ball 2 months ago and got me in the right mind set. If I had said last week that I wanted to lose 110 pounds, I could say today that 6 are gone! I didn't say that last week though because I needed to get all the plates spinning on their respective sticks. All I did was adhere to drinking 64oz+ water each day and eat smaller portions...like, normal portions, and made good caloric food choices. Have I stumbled? Yes, I thought so, but I'm letting myself off the hook. Last night after eating well all day and avoiding some obstacles that I saw coming (in the form of deviled eggs, bbq, and brownies), I was antsy. I didn't feel deprived, but I honestly think I was running too low on calories. Sean mentioned Joseph's Pitas, and I ordered a CASE! I'm glad I did! They're wonderful! Anyway, prior to those coming into my rubic's cube of a diet, I aimed for 100 calories for a starch and allowed myself 4 per day. So yesterday I'd eat a pita and move a magnet (I'll explain my magnets later), but nighttime came and I wanted food, and it was one of those times I didn't know what I wanted and nothing seemed to appeal, and all my magnets were gone, and so finally I picked up a bag of 40% less fat sunflower...multigrain...chips to keep me company while I watched America's Got Talent. The chips claim to be cheddar, but I didn't pick up on that. I ate more than I would have at any other time this past week, perhaps even collectively, and put myself to bed. I didn't feel like I had failed, but I wondered what was wrong. Why had I not encountered hunger at any other time this past week? In looking back over the day, knowing I was having company and they were bringing food, even knowing what the food was, I didn't really have a firm plan. My husband made a huge bowl of fresh fruit salad and I relied on that heavily to carry me through. I weighed out 1.5oz pig and didn't get sauce (I don't advise...it didn't taste good. The pig is cooked with an impending marriage to sauce, and without it...yuk), and had an oz of chips, then made myself a crepe using a pita and ff pudding. I literally took it and ate it in the bedroom so a not to feel I had to offer any to guests who had brownies. Supper was Pecan Crusted Tilapia with Sweet Potato Chipotle Sauce (frozen food section of grocery chain that starts with a K!). Not a bad calorie choice! With it I had 3 bean salad and half of a sweet potato, steamed. Anyway, at the end of the day, I think my calorie bank had money to spare, so I withdrew with seemingly wild abandon on a food choice I should be proud of. This morning, the scales moved more than they have at any other time this past week, and in the pleasing direction no less!! I would love to break myself of weighing daily, but I have worse habits in queue. Today is a clean slate and I will make adjustments. 4 pitas x 60 calories does not = 4 starches, unless I'm not hungry. ;) Shalom

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, the tilapia sounds good! And I kind of want to try your crazy "crepe w/ pudding" idea! ;)

    Anyway, it sounds like you're doing awesome! And it kind of sounds like you might need one more starch magnet, for pita days... Do they work like that? Or are there a set number?

    Fruit salad has been my main recourse during BBQ season.

    ReplyDelete