Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Close One...

Today was weigh day. No surprise, I'm up 1/2 pound. No tears...I've admittedly been sloppy in my record keeping this week and made conscious decisions to not write everything down. This week was better than last in the food arena, so I think my little gain is in response to previous sins. Last week, when I was bad, I was bad with bad food. This week, if I was bad, I overindulged in good food. Mentally, I see myself reeling myself back in to what I need to do, I'm just not there yet. I have one more major work hurdle to cross and then I'm smoothe sailing in open waters. This coming Wednesday night is our Back-to-School night where parents come and go through their child's schedule, meeting for each class, seeing the classrooms, learning about what the kids have been doing, fiddling with lockers, and making it to the next class in time on the bell. It's kind of fun, but historically my kids' parents don't attend. I'm like the Maytag repairman, ready and waiting. Two or 3 might come out of 23. Last year, 2 out of 19 came. I always try and offer incentive and bake cookies, serve cider, etc in hopes of engaging interest; believe it or not, having 2 attend is an increase. So on top of getting up at 5am, working from 7:30am, I'll be on the clock for little or nothing until 8:30pm. I come home in a coma and have to get up at 5am to do it all again the next day. Once that comes and goes, every day will be pretty much routine until Thanksgiving, when I'd like to have 15 more pounds gone. Seems like wishful thinking at this rate of loss, but I know it's ultimately my choices and I have to do better, and I obviously know I can. I've chosen not to these past few weeks, but I'm closer to right than wrong at this stage of the game.

Today is gorgeous here. A steady breeze from the impending hurricane system. The breeze is likely all we'll see. I'll get my nails done at some point today or tomorrow, and bake cookies for Wednesday. Otherwise, no plans, just a good book on standby, and that's enough for me. Off to prepare a brunch of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment