Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

SUNday!

I'm seeing the light. Yesterday was a conscious effort to reel myself back in to what I know is right. We slept late, and missed "breakfast" time. Too early for "lunch", so we dilly dallied some more before leaving the house to run errands. Hubby wanted to eat out, have "brunch", but by the time we got our poop in a scoop, it was clearly lunchtime. He suggested Denny's. One, the service is ridiculously slow; we'd have to call it "lupper". Then he suggested iHop. I can do iHop...I already know where to look on their menu. Only everybody else had the same idea and the line was out the door. We decided to try our favorite Mexican restaurant in their new location. Immediately we were served chips, salsa, and this WONDERFUL creamy white sauce they have. I don't care for their salsa, but could wallow in the white sauce. I waited until I picked my entree before indulging....see, I was thinking! I picked the Azteca Salad and ordered it without dressing. It had grilled chicken, steak and shrimp on a bed of salad veggies, and just the slightest sprinkling of grated cheese. I was HAPPY! The meat was seasoned just enough that dressing wasn't necessary, and because it didn't have the usual taco shell bowl, I felt no guilt whatsoever in grazing on chips and white sauce while waiting for the meal to arrive. Normally, I could polish off the little bowl of sauce by myself and sit there hoping they'd offer to bring more. I made the choice to lay the chip on the surface of the dip rather than DIP the chip. I got the same flavor, and used maybe 1/3 of the dip, leaving most of the bowl behind. Of course, then I get home and have no idea how many calories to put down in my little book, and there was dinner to be had at some point. My husband and I put our heads together and decided to allot 600 calories for what I consumed. It may have been more or less, but should have been sufficient. Hubby's meal was way bigger, so when supper time arrived, I was hungry and he wasn't so much. We decided on a cold supper on the deck with wine. We had smoked salmon, red onion, and light cream cheese on olive oil and sea salt flatbread crackers, with a side of fresh pineapple and cantloupe. Wine and all, we rang that up at 598 calories. Bedtime was a cup of chocolate Silk soy milk and a serving of Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers.

Breakfast today was "brunch". I did peppers, onions, mushrooms and ham in a skillet with Pam, then took 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of whites and scrambled them alone. I microwaved 3 slices of thick cut bacon. I made breakfast for the 3 of us wrapping 1/3 of everything in a full lavash sheet with 3/4 oz American Cheese on the bottom so it would melt s I constructed and folded them into pocket sandwiches. One pocket and a cup of reduced sugar OJ came out right on 400 calories. It was delish! Tonight might be spaghetti...the turkey manwich was so good the other night, I'm thinking it would make a phenominal sauce for spaghetti made by the Manwich directions and added to canned spaghetti sauce...jus' thinking... But it's SO gorgeous out, it might be nice to grill out and stay on the deck til after dark with a fire in the chiminea. Summer is almost all used up...

OH!!! What I forgot to mention was, the half pound I was up yesterday and ANOTHER half pound were gone today! I NEED to weigh myself every day JUST to see how foods affect me sodium-wise, and the Azteca had me a little worried, so I was happy to see no damage done for having had a meal I literally was not prepared for...I was still thinking "Light Side Whole Wheat Pecan Pancakes with Egg Substitute and Sliced Bananas" when confronted with going South of the Border! Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment