Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Not so bad...!

Much to my surprise and delight, I show a loss this week. A pound and a half when all was said and done. I'm not sure how it happens. I know why I was up last week, but did nothing this week that would entertain loss other than work myself into a state of stupidity. I brought a bag of work home with me for the weekend. I've entered the zone of feeling constantly behind and unprepared. My mind races with ideas as to how to reach the ever increasing needs of my students individually. When I started, I had 12 students. Now I have 23. It makes me tired and irritable, and there's little left at the end of a day to give my family. My body is rebelling. I hurt and ache. Breakfast is so rushed there's no time or coffee left to swish down the handful of vitamins and assorted supplements I found beneficial over the summer. I need a better system. Since it's gotten cooler, the morning air is crisp and I spend and extra half hour under the covers mentally preparing for my day, from what I'll wear, to what I'll eat, to what I need to make copies of as soon as I get to school, and all the home things I need to take with me for use in the classroom. Leaves are starting to fall and I just want time to stand still so I can enjoy it, but next thing you know, there won't be leaves or color in sight. I did take time out this week to cross a boundary and do something good for someone and it has given me a heightened sense of good in the world. Without going into detail, there's a family who has historically been difficult to deal with at best. I have been afraid at times. They suffered loss this week. I made them dinner, but was afraid to deliver it myself. One of my male superiors was generous and kind enough to make the delivery for me. One of the children extended himself beyond his comfort zone to greet me as I arrived to work, smile big, comment on my kindness and thank me. It was a moment I'll never forget. I showed him I cared, and he let me in. The father expressed gratitude to my superior as well. It's an inch closer to a working relationship than has ever been had before.

We had a late breakfast today at iHOP. I was feeling tremendous pride in my pound and a half victory, so I was especially careful in my choices. Funny how things like that can be positive or negative. Had I gained, I surely would have said "to Hell with it" another day and had the Bojangles fried steak biscuit with a side of tater rounds my husband originally suggested, or I'd have given great thought as to where I might get the absolute BEST sausage gravy and biscuits. Instead, I suggested iHOP and targeted their "For Me" menu where egg substitute is used and Hollandaise sauce doesn't appear. I had a spinach, mushroom, and onion omelet with a side of fresh fruit and a slice of wheat toast. My only frival was the 2 little things of creamer. I've not had creamer in months, probably won't again for sometime, but I enjoyed 2 cups of dressed up coffee today, still with Splenda. After that, we looked at yet another hot tub store, getting closer to making the purchase. I think we'll enjoy it immensely since there's little that we go out and DO throughout the week. In anticipation, I ordered a sign from a catalog this week. It says "No floozies in the jacuzzi ~ until after 9pm". After that, we hit the local consignment store we visited last weekend in search of a bathroom vanity/dressing table. They had several, but what came closer to what we had in mind was a "ladies desk". It's cherry, as is our sink vanity, and aside from a few very small blemishes,it's a beautiful piece of furniture. We got it and a nice woven stool to go with it. We went to Tuesday Morning next door and bought a nice lighted makeup mirror and a hinged box to store all the things that go in to making me presentable to the outside world. A smaller piece of furniture would be ideal, but we both agreed if we find one in the future, this desk would look nice anywhere in the house for use AS a desk, so we went ahead and got it before someone else snatched it up. Fortunately since we spotted it last weekend, the store had been closed for 5 days for vacation and only reopened today or it would not have still been there for sure.

Off to grocery shop...that always goes better and cheaper too when there's loss at the scales. I make better choices. Hopefully I'll blog again before next Saturday. It really does help me stay on the wagon. Have a good week! Let's all be losers!

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you with your work stress. I wish they could lighten the load for you a bit. :(

    I'm planning to get back to counting this week. I'm out of excuses, other than work (mine's not as stressful as yours), so it's time to get back out to the gym and back to counting calories.

    ReplyDelete