Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Whew!

This week is flying by, but in a good way. I say that, but food hasn't been terrific. I've been careful, but I haven't been precise. Yesterday, I wasn't even careful at supper. With hubby out of town, my son and I ate out. Normally I make better choices, but last night I WANTED a grilled steak sandwich with grilled portabellas and onions. It had mayo and some sort of cheese on a roll. It was wonderful! I had red potato salad with it instead of chips, not that that's a better choice, but it was a choice nonetheless. Then we polished off the evening with a soft serve frozen custard from our local place EVERYbody has gone for decades. This was my first time there in probably 4 years. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed alone time with my kid. I enjoyed that my kid made all the suggestions; translation: he was ok with spending time with me at the ripe old age of 16. My breakfast and lunch all week has been pre-measured, weighed and calculated with the exception of the fact that SOME of my broccoli slaw for putting in a wrap froze solid in my little classroom fridge. One of my V-8's was semi-frozen like soft serve. Yuck!!!! I wasn't woman enough partake of a V8 smoothie. Today I'm totally back on track. Hubby got home from his business trip around midnight last night, so my life has returned to normal. I've slacked on water. I'm a creature of habit and when my routine goes to Hell, I fall apart. I knew there'd be a period of transition, and soon it will all fall in place. I've let dirty dishes stack up since in-laws were here Sunday; no motivation to deal with unloading and reloading a dishwasher. I dealt with it as soon as I got home today, kitchen is cleaned, and dishes are washing. Supper will be Manwich made with turkey and oven fries with a side salad. I feel better when I do the right thing, it's just sometimes I have no juice left in me and I manage by dealing with only the very highest priorities. Sometimes, some stuff just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment