Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday

My in-laws just left a little while ago. They stopped by and we had a nice lunch. I had all the makings for meat and cheese sandwiches, reduced fat chips, a variety of fresh fruit already cut up, and there are still leftover birthday cupcakes. I did myself a favor and put them in a 9x13 pan with a cover and have kept them in the garage refridgerator...out of sight, out of mind. It was fun because we got to use my cool fish plates and bowls. I've jumped through hoops before to cook all day and have what I thought they'd enjoy, but this was nice and relaxed and next to effortless, and they seemed to enjoy it as much as meals I've busted a hump to prepare. They have no problem drinking wine at 11am, but I declined. I also declined the cupcake and the "slaw" to dip my weighed out portion of chips. "Slaw" is a NC thing. To me, it's like 1000 Island dressing with sweet relish stirred in. I like it ok, but it's something like 70 cal/2T, and for that, I far more enjoy 14g of real mayo on an awesome sandwich. I should have taken a picture, and even considered it, but they didn't ask too many questions when I built my sandwich on the digital scales, so I wasn't going to put myself out there. They didn't seem to notice any weight loss, or if they did, they didn't say, but I'm not sure they'd say if they HAD noticed. They love me regardless, so much so, I'm comfortable around them without makeup, though I do "do" my hair a little, moisturize, and add a little lipstick. I'm a little un-nerved right now because I learned during their visit that my sister-in-law has decided my marriage is in trouble, and that according to her my husband acts differently than he did before he married me, and that he's unhappy and I'm the reason. My mother-in-law takes everything this person says with a grain of salt, and they have a long history of clashing personalities. I know she chose to share this with me because she knew she could, and by doing so, I know she knows the accusations could not be farther from the truth. If she suspected anything was wrong, she would have never said anything. It hurts though. It hurts to think someone is out there saying my husband was happier before he met me.
Ok...that's out of me now, so I can move on. You have to see my cookies! I am so proud of these. I just want to quit my day job and make outrageous cookies!! I was up til 1am painting each one by hand, but it was SO fun and rewarding. It stroked the creative side of me that doesn't get out much. By 1:00, my glazes were thickening and I was way past tired, so the last 5 leaves got painted solid red, and those were the ones my son and in-laws were allowed to eat; those and the one painted one that the stem fell off. The apples are hand cut, as I don't have an apple shaped cookie cutter. It entertained the side of me that used to LOVE to dye Easter eggs. Let's just say, I was really tired when I finally went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment