Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Not SO bad

I suppose I own 3 of the pounds. :( They were still lurking this morning. I filled my half gallon jug with water, wiped the slate clean, and started again. It's hard for me though to eat again after what I see to be an obstacle. So far today, I've convinced myself I'm not hungry, and I refused to eat anything until I genuinely felt hunger, so my first meal of the day, and last one so far, was at about 2pm, and it was 2 fresco crunchy tacos from Taco Bell to the tune of 300 calories total. I drank 2 12 oz cups of cold water, no ice with the tacos and found it necessary to go to the bathroom twice at Food Lion before I was done shopping. That, and I'm 3/4 of the way through my half gallon jug, so I've more than had my 64 oz today. I wanted to at least break even and come home from vacation the same weight if not less, and since that wasn't the case, it makes me really unsure of what I'm supposed to do. I'm not discouraged, just spinning my wheels in a fit of confusion. I follow my magnets so I partake of the entire food pyramid every day and not just the parts I like most, but I'm torn. Should I abide by the 1500 calorie bank instead? That to me is a new language, and one that would require more time and energy to become fluent. I need to be comfortable in whatever I do before work begins again in 2 weeks, or 3 weeks at the most when the students return and my focus is on my job. Bathroom breaks will be at a minimum, so the water consumption will have to be plotted around whatever my eventual teaching schedule turns out to be. If I get the schedule I created and turned in for approval, I'll teach my first section of zero period ever, which begins at 7:35am, have an exceptionally large and difficult 1st period, supervise a study hall type class 2nd, co-teach an English class 3rd, have 4th period planning, then lunch, then teach a 5th period class, and have 6th period "free" for paperwork and parent meetings. I won't be consuming any liquids in the mornings for sure, as I cannot leave my classroom. I have a little freedom for that 3rd, wide open 4th and lunch, strapped 5th, but free from then on. I can sometimes get another teacher to eyeball my room during the 5 minutes between bells, but I wouldn't want that to become routine because MY routine should not be anyone else's inconvenience if this is going to work for the long term...and it will...eventually. My food intake needs to fall in to the work routine too. I have visions of me planning specific meals on index cards and figuring out the calories for that card, and committing to eat the same lunch for a week at a time. Otherwise, I'll go nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment