Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th

It hasn't been an unlucky day for me at all...knock on wood. I got my hair highlighted and I love it! It's a little blonder and less golden than I imagined, but it doesn't look fake. It just looks like I spent a lot of time outside this summer. It looked so good I came home, showered to get the trimmings off me, did my hair myself (which I always like better anyway) and did full makeup. All dressed up with no place to go. I did have to go pick my son up from work, and when I did he was starving. He wanted Long John Silver's clams. I wasn't even tempted, and that made me feel progress. I'm not saying I'll never eat LJS fish again; I'm just saying I didn't eat any today. That's why this thing is working for me...one day at a time. What's done is done, and tomorrow can always be better than today...but today was really good too. My new taste find is Frosted Mini Wheats "little bites" in chocolate. I could take or leave chocolate, but these make a nice semi-sweet finish. 1/2 of a serving is 100 calories for 26 biscuits. It's about a cup. That and half a banana was my end of the day snack tonight as I get ready for bed. I also like VERY much the Fiber Plus Yogurt Berry Crunch. Both items were new tastes for me and I like them.

Lunch was so good I prepared it again for supper. Yellow squash and onions browned in 1/2t olive oil and Pam, salted, then 2oz taco meat and 1oz black beans added. Topped with 1T parmesan.....m, m, m. I also made a side "salad" of cherry tomatoes cut in half and a reduced fat string cheese sliced in little rounds...mixed in 1/2 oz of pesto. The pesto did a number on the calories, but it was an otherwise very low calorie meal, and that was a fraction of the pesto I used to use with pasta and stuff. I didn't miss the pasta, and enjoyed the basil and garlic *BANG*. There was hardly any residue on my plate, so I used just the right amount to cover the tomatoes and cheese. My whole plate was under 500 calories. Lunch was way less because I didn't do the tomato/pesto stuff then, or the parmesan cheese. Hubby liked it too. My rings are fitting looser...more loose? We'll find out tomorrow what the scales have to say for the week. Fingers crossed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment