Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Better Than Yesterday

I had a great day yesterday, all day, until about supper time, and then all Hell broke loose. I knew supper would have to be late because of my husband working out at the Y and my son's work schedule. I was worn out; my first day back to work and all. I needed to eat, and thought a little something wouldn't hurt, maybe tie me over til they got home. That was all she wrote. I had a little of this, and a little of that, next thing I knew I was down to where "supper" would need to be 150 calories! I went to pick my son up, and by that time I was exhausted and couldn't even think myself through what I might cook for dinner. He needed some things from the grocery store to pack his work lunches, which was going to make us even late-r getting home. A few doors down from Food Lion was our favorite Chinese delivery place. So, yep, that was supper. Even though I knew I was pretty much defeated for the day, I ordered vegetable chow mein and no egg roll. I ate my whole pint, but again, after a full belly I slept really well and woke up ready to face the day before the alarm ever went off.

Today was hectic and fast paced. I worked 2 hours later than needed just to have some peace and quite in an empty building. I had packed an orange, so it was handy right when I needed it. I got more done in those 2 hours than I did all day with all the interruptions. Food has been perfect today and I still have 299 calories left for bedtime. I drank all my water too, plus some. I tried Joseph's Lavash Bread tonight. A big rectangle of it is 100 calories. For a wrap I use half, but for what we had tonight I used a whole one. I baked chicken sausages and did peppers, onions, and mushrooms, then an ounce of cheese. The whole lavash makes a nice, neat, manageable bundle to eat. It was good. Another busy day tomorrow, so I'm off to bed. 'nite

No comments:

Post a Comment