Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Today was a good day

I'm tired tonight, but not as tired as I thought I would be. I got up at 5:00am so I could leisurely take my shower, enjoy my coffee, do hair and make-up, dress, eat, and leave in plenty of time to still be at work early. I was able to wear a dress I haven't worn since I interviewed for the job 5 years ago. One co-worker commented that she liked my outfit, but still, no one has noticed/mentioned the weight loss. A student wrote me a note today; she wrote, "I think you are beautiful.". That made me feel special because I FELT beautiful today....a long, black linen dress with a rounded neckline, a short sleeved jacket over top, strawberries and blossoms embroidered in the front/center of the dress and in the corners of the bottom edge of the jacket in front, Mom's pearls and drop pearl earrings, my black nails and a big, sparkly red gemstone ring. It was especially nice to be able to leave at a decent hour with me not having a 6th period class. Once I settle in to the new routine of things, I shouldn't have any problem getting to the Y for a good, solid workout before it's time to start supper. Not going to worry about that this week; still having to medicate around the clock, and since I'm up much earlier, I find I need snacks morning and afternoon, so I'm still tweeking my food intake to maintain the balance I've found without running out of calories. This evening I ran by Starbucks for my weekend treat I never made time for over the weekend. I got a short non-fat green tea latte...very nice! Right on the cusp of tasting like fall. It was a good day...

No comments:

Post a Comment