Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ahhhhhhh...

Today has been relaxing aside from laundry detail and a toilet that won't flush. Managing food as we've been left almost no need for grocery shopping; I only needed a fresh stash of fruits and veggies for the most part. I DID find a variety of peanut butter that is natural and has flax seeds added. It's lower in fat and calories than even the reduced fat varieties. I'm pretty excited. I hadn't had lunch when I returned home so I toasted a light English muffin, spread 2T of the new p'butter on them, and halved a 4oz banana and sliced the halves lengthwise to make 2 nice open-faced pb&banana sandwiches; had them with a sf Jello snack cup of creme brulee rice pudding, all for 443 calories. I had only consumed 251 calories before that, and it was 5:00 when I had the peanut butter things. Supper won't be til 8 or so. I plan to make little individual lasagne themed casseroles using bowtie pasta, arrabiata sauce, ff cottage cheese, italian sausage, and mozzarella. Easier to measure and manage individual portions; that, and a side salad of lettuce, tomato, and red onion.

I got my nails done sapphire blue today. Sort of my last hoorah before I have to tame things down for work. Next time I have them done will be the day before the kids return. Will do something fabulous with my hair next week involving highlights and a fresh cut. Bought new lipstick today too; sort of a red with a hint of coral...like raspberry without blue in it, but definitely not pink or mauve....I don't go there. I enjoy the low maintenance of summer, not wearing makeup, and letting my hair air dry, but I like the way I look a lot better made up. I'll post a picture sometime after that happens again. Til then, know that I'm feeling like I look like my Dad in drag. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment