Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

I Just Did Something I'm REALLY Ashamed Of...

Call me paranoid, but I went back to my older post from the other day and edited it, taking out parts I thought might come back to bite me professionally. I also bleeped a comment for the same reason, NOT because I personally objected to it. In fact, I would have loved to have kept the second part of it that referenced my Mom, but I couldn't figure out how to remove part of a comment...it took it all away. So PLEASE don't be offended. I also took my picture off. As far as I know, I only have 2 regular readers, but it's up for grabs, right? Better to be safe than sorry. It felt good to dump my emotions that day, and in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't a day I care to look back on and relive at any time in the future, so....sorry.

I'm posting some new pictures today. :) I slept very late today. Early morning cramps required I pull out the big guns and take a Rx that renders me able to sleep REALLY well once the discomfort subsides. I slept until almost 11:30. I awoke feeling fabulous, but know I'm on borrowed time before the next dose. I was a meal behind with calories to spare so I made nachos. Again, using the digital scale, I measured 1 oz of tortilla chips, used 2 oz taco seasoned pork, 1 oz black beans, 1 oz mexican cheese blend, microwaved til hot and melted. Topped with 1 oz shredded lettuce, 1.25 oz tomato, 1 oz pico de gallo, and 1 oz fat free sour cream. For 449 calories, it was a divine explosion of flavor!

I'm also posting the items I made mention of the other day; the note from Mom, the flip side with Dad's note, and photos of the sweetner holder I gave Mom when we met our goal in weight loss 23 years ago. It was in her purse when she died and it had Splenda in it so I know she used it. Splenda wasn't around when I gave it to her; I had put Equal in it. There'll be more pictures. I'm finally going to Pier1 this afternoon for my dishes!!! :)

PS~ I also update the photo of the flowers my husband surprised me with the other day. They were still in their plastic sleeve and laying sideways on the table when I took the first shot. This updated photo is how beautiful they still are today in a gorgeous irridescent red vase he gave me for my birthday a year ago from Fenton. He's a pretty good catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment