Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Last Day Off

Tomorrow I go back to work. No students until next week, but work nonetheless. Mixed feelings as always. Stocking my arsenal of good food choices, and have made an itemized list of breakfast foods and their calories per ounce or serving as a map for hubby to follow as he takes over the breakfast routine. We tend to lock horns when it comes to this changing of the guard. He believes a "drizzle" of olive oil in the pan need not factor into the equation, and that a Tablespoon or Ounce can be eyeballed. For me, it is quite literally a matter of life or death. His past indiscretions on accountability could be in part due to my rather half-baked attempts to lose weight where there was little or no progress for weeks on end. I think he sees now this is a committment I've made, and as I near 30 pounds off, there are visible results. I hope he will be as committed to my wellbeing as I have been these 31 days. If not, I'll need to get up earlier, shower, and take care of my own breakfast myself which would be a shame since I have to leave the house a good half hour before he does. That, and he obviously doesn't have the whole makeup routine or (less obviously) hair to deal with. OMG!...he just walked in and handed me FLOWERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment