Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Monday, August 2, 2010

One down...

Yesterday I shot for 1500 and ended the day at 1490 and 88oz water. :) This morning I was down a whole pound! Yay! It was a tight squeeze to reach 1500 since I literally did not begin consuming food until after 2pm. The last leg of my caloric intake consisted of 10oz's Franzia Chillable Red wine and 3/4 of a peanut butter chocolate chunk breakfast cookie just to get me to the finish line. Not something I'll make a habit of doing.

If you don't have digital food scales, I highly recommend them! It's nice, especially for eating this way. You can put your plate on the platform, reset the scale to zero, weigh in oz's or gm's, reset to zero after each food addition without moving the plate. Sweet! I also have the "Encyclopedia of Food Values", so for just about everything it will tell you calories (etc) per oz, per, 1/2 cup, per pound, and it goes in to all different cuts of meat, lean vs not, bone in or not, skin on, skin off. I bought the book probably 20 years ago and I'm sure it's been updated, but for everything else I either get the info off the label or search the internet. I can't trust my eyeballs to eyeball my servings. Not yet anyway. So if an ounce of pineapple is 14 calories, it's really quick and easy to accurately know what you're eating. And I'm writing everything down for now. I hate to admit it, but I sort of like the freedom of having the 1500 perimeter. Yesterday I didn't have any milk; today I had a yogurt for breakfast. In the grand scheme of things, I think I'll find the balance I had with the magnets just because that way of thinking IS normal for me now. I know there are parts of the food pyramid I don't like as much as others, but covering all bases has become habitual for me. It only took 20 years! Eventually, as I start to repeat breakfasts and stuff, I'll just write down "438 calories" instead of itemizing the foods day after day. This will help too in 3 weeks when husband takes over breakfast duties. He can refer to my notes for menus. He makes all the breakfasts when school is in session because my son and I have to leave the house a good half hour to 45 minutes before he does, and God knows I have hair and makeup to attend to in addition to showering and getting dressed. I pack our lunches the night before. It's quite a dance we do 9.5 months out of the year. During the summer, with me off, I make breakfast...MOST of the time. There's been a few mornings he's had McDonald's burritos, but I've been much better about getting up this summer. So...breakfast today was 1/2 breakfast cookie (155), 10 grapes (36), 2oz pineapple (28), 1oz strawberries (9), a hard boiled egg (70), a light yogurt (100), and 2 strips of reduced fat bacon (40), black coffee with splenda for a total of 438. Gotta love those strawberries! Would've had more, but that was the end of the vacation fruit tray. I'm going to keep the sectioned tray and fill it back up with a selection. It's nice having it already prepared to pick and choose from; especially handy to have it all in 1 container! I'll probably do the same with the veggie tray; go ahead and prep onions, peppers, mushrooms, and maybe squash and asparagus for quick omelet add-ins or stir frys. I'd rather make all the mess at once and cook clean and fast for a week; each tray has 5 sections. Whatever it takes...

No comments:

Post a Comment