Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

whew!

Today was my last day without an early morning obligation, so hubby let me sleep in. He took care of his own breakfast and lunch, and I didn't get up til after 10! I leisurely drank my coffee, then showered and did hair and make-up. I was called in to work 1-3:30 to orient a new employee even though Monday is the first of our workdays, new employees get caught up to speed before day 1. Pretty cool though because this guy was our long-term sub the last 6 weeks of last year, so no new tricks to learn from this ol' dog.

I picked up a large Wendy's chili and a water on my way. Ate that and the 6 saltines for my first meal of the day at 1pm. My son requested bbq'd chicken, vinegar and oil style, for supper. I forgot how long it took on the grill, and it didn't help that the propane tank went empty part way through. We JUST NOW finished supper at 10pm. It was a grand supper too because I had calories in the bank! I bought the smallest of the "real" baking potatoes...the kind they sell individually. I had a 10oz potato with fake butter and ff sour cream, steamed broccoli, 3oz chicken by the time it was done and picked off the bone, fresh pineapple, and a glass of wine. After all that, I still had calories left, so dessert was a sliced banana with a serving of reduced fat / no sugar added Bunny Tracks ice cream. It was SO good!!! Like a single serve banana split. Tomorrow I get my hair highlighted which always makes me feel good. It'll make me look like I actually spent time outside this summer...in all this heat?! I don't think so...

Good news!!! Hubby doesn't have to go to Japan next week afterall! Maybe in November, but I'm so happy and relieved he'll be here as I creep back into my pool of stressors. It'll make the food issue much easier if I know somebody has my back...so long as he doesn't lock my scales again!

No comments:

Post a Comment