Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Hi ho, hi ho...

Today moved fast. I went from one meeting to another; from school to the school board office for more meetings. I see 3 major victories today. The second meeting of the day offered a huge assortment of donuts and pastry and I declined despite my seat being around that table. Those of us who had the farthest to come to get there got the last row of seating around the refreshments. The second victory was my proclammation that I wouldn't be drinking coffee at work this year. Three or 4 of us were the primary coffee consumers and we split financing the habit amongst us. I'll still have my 1-2 mugs in the morning while getting ready and having breakfast, but water is all I need the rest of the day. I had another meeting to travel to at noon and I was a little peeved because my 11:00 meeting ran over, and I thought it was really rude that they scheduled the meeting for noon-3 when everyone ELSE got a lunch break. I microwaved, assembled, and snarfed down a turkey black bean taco using a pita and adding lettuce and tomato, no cheese...snarfed it down and topped it off with yogurt and 10 grapes before driving to my next meeting. Uuuummm...nobody mentioned they'd be feeding us. I had a moment of feeling like a victim, but turned it around. While everyone else was assembling their plate of club sandwiches, chicken salad pitas, and homemade potato chips, I went out to my van and got my sliced orange and my 2/3 empty half gallon of water for the day, retrieved myself a glass of ice from what they provided us, and settled in. The orange was supposed to have been my late afternoon snack, but even though I had just eaten, albeit quickly, I felt a need to fit in among my colleagues. It didn't seem to matter that I was eating something different, but I think I'd have stood out had I not been eating anything at all. I was pretty hungry when I got home around 4, but my calories were low enough I was able to have a mini meal, and I still may have some popcorn shortly. Supper will not be until after 7:30, and spreading 1500 calories out across the day in mini meals seems to be just the right amount to maintain myself, never allowing myself to be overly hungry OR overly full. Before I go pick my son up from work tonight, I have a fun plan. I'm going to run by Pier1 and get an assortment of mis-matched serving pieces. I saw them the other day. I have this new appreciation for food and presentation is part of that. I mentioned in an earlier post about the wonderful tomato and watermelon salad I had on vacation and how it came served on a long rectangular white plate...they have the white plates! They also have very colorful fish bowls that would be just right for a single serving of ice cream or cereal. It makes it fun! I'm pretty excited. I'll take pictures of what I end up with. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment