Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Friday, August 6, 2010

TGiF

Having a good day. Husband took a vacation day today since he has a few to use before the end of the month. We dropped my son at band camp and then went by the school so he could assess my issues with plugging up all the technology stuff in places where I'd actually find it convenient to use. Last year, as new items were added, they got planted where ever their cord landed them. I often found myself working with my back to the class or needing to sit in a place that had no room for my knees. After canvasing Office Max, Best Buy, Staples, and Radio Shack, and still not finding what we needed, we returned to the school and moved all my furniture around to where there was a nice compromise and cords would reach. Now I just need 2 floor strips to cover the tangled mess and a gizmo to corral the cascade of cords flowing over the front of my desk.

Another stressor today I'm awaiting a response on; it's absolutely out of my control, so I can't stress but so much...the class I took in June had 2 follow-up requirements: 1)write and electronically submit 2 lesson plans by mid July, and 2) submit 1 peer response to someone's lesson plan from within my group by this past Wednesday. I wanted to get it all done, so I submitted my lesson plans early. When I submitted, few of my peers had, and no one from my group had. I went on vacation knowing this was something I needed to do as soon as I got back, when everyone's would have been submitted. I got on Monday and saw only one person from my group had submitted at all, so that narrowed down my options. As I went through clicking on the plans for review, my screen froze. I tried later, but it wouldn't let me login. I tried Wednesday, the deadline day, and it said there was no authentication of credentials to allow my login, or something like that. When I tried again, I got a big ERROR message in red. Same thing yesterday and today. I thought I'd try it from work while husband worked on cords, but severe thunderstorms passed through where I work and fried the server. They don't expect it to be up and running again until late Monday at the earliest. So now, I can't even access my work e-mail, which is the one this course would recognize me under, so I had to e-mail the head person, who would have been expecting my response, from my home e-mail. Home e-mail doesn't identify me as someone who took the course, so who knows if I'll get a response or if I ended up as spam...they can potentially not pass me on this course without my response. If I don't pass it, I don't get reimbursed, nor would I be qualified to teach English, so it would have all been for nothing AND I gained 9 pounds while there. I lost another pound today, by the way, so I'm pre-vacation weight again. I've already had my 64oz water for the day, and lunch was 2 tacos from the fresco menu at Taco Bell for 320 calories. Breakfast was a big bowl of assorted fruit, a light English muffin, and a wedge of laughing cow light cheese spread on it with coffee for 233 calories. I may have enough left tonight to enjoy a glass of wine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment