Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Rough Week Punctuated with Good News!

I've been a sick puppy this week. It all started last weekend with a sore throat and ran its course through the week to include head and chest congestion. Tuesday was the worst, but coming home and going straight to bed for 12 hours seemed to turn things around. I didn't bother writing down a single morsel of food, and there were MANY! Sick foods are different from well foods. My diet has included canned soups, an entire bag of Fritoes for the throat itch and saltiness to heal the wounds, water only in the form of hot tea, little fruit, fewer veggies, lots of pudding and yogurt, and several single serve portions of macaroni and cheese. Wine was particularly good for washing down my daily ClaritinD and inducing sleep. I wasn't expecting good news at the scale. I even weighed twice, in disbelief. I lost 3.5 pounds this week! That lands me squarely on MINUS THIRTY POUNDS! It feels surreal to see it, to say it, to type it...Thirty doesn't "feel" like I thought it would. I know I'm wearing non-stretch pants loosely now that I was totally unable to wear at all last year, and had put away the previous year when the legs would "catch" on my calves and ride up...that, and there was noteable stress on the zipper that isn't there now. I still jiggle, I'm still not proportional, I still can't play the piano...but I do see change. Sadly, it's only visible to me and the cats in front of the bathroom mirror. I see dips and curves emerging where there used to be more "plumpness". Skin is relaxed and not stretched. My bras have put out their vacancy sign. So it's happening. Ideally, I guess I had hoped the 30 pounds would exclusively target my rump and ham sized thighs, but I know in time they too will melt away. I know that's "negative talk", but my butt and thighs have made me feel bad about myself forever, so I have no intention to befriend them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment