Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day #11, January 26, 2012

Weight isn't dropping like I think it should. I'm wondering if 1500 calories a day is still too much? I've been rigid with measuring and journaling, but I'm still hanging around 3 pounds off total as I approach the end of my second week. I've started walking a mile at a time. I've started taking the stairs 3-4 times a day, which my PT says is more than I should be doing this soon. I've added acai berry juice back to my routine; an ounce, 3 times a day. I have more energy and my mood in general is better, but I still feel like it wouldn't take much at any given moment to make me cry...I'm anxious throughout the day, especially in the morning and evening. I have more energy and do things later into the evening instead of crawling in bed at 8:30. I just now finished making food for the weekend for a co-worker who has a bit of a crisis going on. I'd normally be asleep now. So why is the weight not cooperating??? A lot of time and energy has gone in to making it happen, but it's not happening. :(

2 comments:

  1. 1500 is probably not too much. You need your calories eaten to be within 1000 of your calories burned (which includes BMR + a factor for basic activities + exercise).

    Here's a calculator. This is JUST your BMR, if you were to lay about all the time; for most people, this number has to be multiplied by 1.2, to account for things like going to work and all the general activities of living: http://health.discovery.com/centers/heart/basal/basal.html. Add to that the calories burned by walking a mile each day, and then you can eat 1000 calories less than that. DON'T eat less than 1000 less than that... and, honestly, 500 is a lot more manageable. (I find that if I have a deficit of 1000, I'm super moody.)

    Also, I love you and think you're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.....thanks! The scale finally moved a WEE bit this morning, so maybe the official Monday number will be to my liking. It's just so frustrating to work so hard and see so little. We ate so late last night after I spent hours preparing food for a co-worker. Neil prepared our food as I finished the other, and it was a recipe for turkey breast cutlets in a sauce made from dried cherries and port. We had couscous and Lite Caesar salad. I didn't measure because I was beyond tired and hungry, but I did intentionally pick the smallest portion and went lightly on the couscous and salad. I felt a little proud of myself for eating JUST to curb the hunger. So often, I eat for the sake of eating with no real finish line. I probably could have eaten more...of course I could have...but I ate just a small bit of each, content that there was balanced nutrition and what I had was sufficient to fill me up.

    ReplyDelete