Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday: Weight Loss Tips

I'm new to this, and really don't know if I'm following protocol, but we shall see! The things I have found helpful are:


  1. Buy nice digital scales; weigh and measure everything...and write it down.

  2. Save a few calories to enjoy at the end of the day with the satisfaction that you DID it another day! Close out your calorie account and turn off the kitchen light for the night.

  3. Presentation, presentation, presentation! Don't eat anything until everything you PLAN to eat has made it into the presentation weighed and measured.

  4. Put dinner plates on the top shelf and eat off smaller plates, fun plates, or saucers.

  5. Don't weigh every day.

  6. Invest in cookbooks that are within your comfort level of cooking and have recipes that include the nutritional information, using ingredients you're most likely to have on hand or can get without stopping at 3 different grocery stores. Try 1 new recipe each week.

  7. Shop with a list, and never shop on an empty stomach.

  8. Subscribe to a blog you enjoy so updates arrive by e-mail. I, personally, open my e-mail during the hardest part of my day...I've just walked in the door from work, hungry, with several hours to go before supper. One day I was eating chips when I got Kenlie's update. Another day I was having cake. At that point, I decided there was something wrong with the picture, and so...here I am...networking for support to create change.

3 comments:

  1. Good thought on saving a few calories in for the end of the day. Always nice to have a little "something" to look forward to.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog.
    Stopping in from FMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from FMM and love the list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from FMM... Loving this list, especially your suggestion around new recipes and cookbooks. I usually try two new things each week, and it really keeps me on plan and energized. I definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete