Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 2...not bad!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012
I got a little wiggy over breakfast, not really having time to sit down and savour my meal. Instead, I weighed 2 options...running out the door without any food, or snarfing down a 130 calorie homemade breakfast cheesecake. I snarfed. It held me nicely until late morning. I could have grabbed a banana, but I like to weigh those, and just didn't bank enough time on the front end of my day to do that and get me out the door on time. I had pre-planned snacks for today, and had a half ounce roasted, unsalted almonds in my purse, so I pulled those out and ate them one at a time (they taste better that way, as do M&Ms, but I digress...) to hold me until we were released from our in-service to go eat the lunch that was provided for us. I knew my boss' favorite lunch to provide, so I packed mine. I had a moment of feeling like a misfit and considered eating away from the herd, but then I decided "Hell no!" I'm doing what I need to do FOR ME. After work, I had an appointment to see the knee surgeon at 4:15, so I knew I'd be getting hungry. I packed half a protein bar to tie me over, even cutting it into nice little bite size squares that very closely resembled fudge. :) That got me through the appointment (which did not come to pass until 5:15!), then I stopped to buy gas, ran to Office Max, and then to Kroger for a Lite Caesar Salad mix to go with the last grilled chicken breast my husband and I split for supper atop the salad. I still have 370 calories left for "soon"...it hasn't been bad. My success will be dependent upon pre-planning. Tomorrow I hope to get a walk in before heading home, somewhere flat. Knee has improved and the surgeon was pleased with the PT progress, so he technically has released me to the care of the PT who will see me again in a month to check my progress with the at-home exercises I've been assigned to do. I'll see him a month after that, and then be on my own. All things considered, I feel good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment