Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day #6, Peace and Quiet

After what seemed like a stormy night with all the annoyances poking me with a stick, today has gone smoothly. The men folk are currently out test driving cars. I would have liked to have gone to see my Dad today, but awoke to a layer of ice on everything, freezing rain, and icicles. It's all melted now, but you never know which way it will go. So I got up and made a nice breakfast for a break from the breakfast cheesecakes. I took 1 egg and 2 eggs worth of whites, cooked them in my small skillet so it flipped like a pancake. It came out the same size as my Oat Bran Pita, so I put it on top of one of those. Added some carmelized onions cooked with mushrooms and jalapeno. Sprinkled that with an ounce of diced ham and a half ounce of swiss cheese, folded it in half. To that I added a side of light orange juice and it all rang up for 305 calories. Good eats.
I just now got around to lunch, and it was a leftover mini turkey & ham meatloaf to the tune of 315 calories. Making myself drink water. I don't drink enough and can't seem to form the habit during the school year when I REALLY can't leave my classroom. I usually have a bottle of water and a carbonated mineral water with my lunch at work, and then I only have 1 class afterwards, so I can make it that long.
I think supper will involved some steamed shrimp, red, yellow, green and orange peppers with onion and mushrooms and garlic, and....I don't know what else. Rice and pasta steal too many calories. Maybe boiled potato, which I like. I weighed this morning and I'm down 3 pounds so far with nothing really counting until my official weigh-day, Monday. I just needed to know.
Plans for the rest of the day involve picking 3 recipes from SO many out of the new cookbook I'm enjoying and planning a grocery list. I figure I can really cook every other night of the week and have left overs the following or do a soup and grilled cheese night between. We did soup, grilled cheese, and lite Caesar salad last night, and it came out to a painful withdrawl from the calorie bank! It was a shameful amount for a meal that obviously wasn't all that. Damned cheese. The soup was lentil, so that packed a punch too...and real whole wheat bread. No butter though. I just threw the bread on the griddle and let it dry toast and melt the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment