Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Day #12

The scales moved! Yay! I've decided I very much like ground pork seasoned with taco seasoning. Two ounces of that, an ounce of shredded lettuce, and 1/4 c salsa in a 60 calorie Oat Bran Pita makes a very delicious, hearty lunch (no cheese, and I didn't miss it)....That's like, under 250 calories. A small apple put me at 296 if I recall.

I made some delicious oven baked potato chips the other night...Have I mentioned those? Two potatoes made 2 cookie sheets worth, so yeah, you could eat a bunch of them. I sliced them on the mandolin thingie, spread them out as best I could on a cookie sheet covered with parchment, and sprayed them with Pam. I did one sheet with just salt...they turned a funky grey. The other batch, I used a smoked sea salt, garlic powder, and cayenne...OMG....they were awesome! I baked them about 30 minutes at 200, but then cranked the heat up to 375 to finish them. Some were perfect crisps, while others that overlapped didn't quite get chippy, but they were good.

No comments:

Post a Comment