Week 2 ~

Monday, July 19, 2010
I have one week of success under my belt towards a healthy life style and better me! I feel a need to have a safe place to ramble about my daily nuances of this journey. My hope is I will not go it alone, but others will find me and join in.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day #3, Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Spicy Chicken Leg and Chick Pea Stew is simmering on the stove, and some whole wheat couscous might saddle up with that shortly. Going in to supper, I have well over 800 calories left. A portion of stew will take 216 of those. I didn't require any snacks I pre-packed today, and I did get up about 20 minutes earlier to allow myself to weigh out a complete breakfast, sit, and eat it. Minor adjustments, but no biggie, and the fact I'm not hungry and making it totally ok from meal to meal makes me happy. I went to Barnes & Noble and grazed over the cookbooks after work. I came home with 2 I'm excited about. (Thanks Georgia and Tom for the gift certificate! I didn't even use it all today!) Odd, but two recipes that stood out the most as ones I'd like to try immediately both involved tofu! I haven't done a lot with tofu, though Sheryl Crow's cookbook has an AMAZING appetizer spread made with it that I have made many, many times. I'm excited about the prospect of new tastes. I already have my menu planned and shopped for for this week, but with that under control, I have time to pick a couple recipes for next week, shop, and anticipate.

No comments:

Post a Comment